Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting Jabber for Windows

m-haggstrom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We're developing a plugin for Jabber for Windows and obviously needs the application. I have searched the Cisco site and found a download link, but clicking that only says that I need some kind of service contract. What do I need to do?

Regards,

Magnus

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kristopher,

Thanks for your reply. We've now manage to get in contact with Cisco and it seems like we need to be "Solution Partner Plus" to be able to download the Jabber client.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

m-haggstrom
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe I should also point out that we are a Cisco Solution Partner.

// Magnus

jocreed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try this link Cisco Systems.

Let me know if you have any further problems.

It doesn't work for us. We get the following message:

To Download this software, you must have a valid service contract associated to your Cisco.com profile.
If you do not have a service contract you can get one through:
  • Your Cisco Account Team if you have a direct purchase agreement with Cisco
  • Your Cisco Partner or Reseller
nce you have the service contract you must associate your service contract to your Cisco.com user ID with Profile Manager

Does this mean that "Solution Partner" isn't enough for Jabber or is there something wrong with our account?

Just to clarify you are logged into your Cisco account when you are trying to download this.  If so and it is still not working, I think there is a way you can go into your account settings and adjust it so you can download it, but I will check on that.

Magnus,

what company are you with?   I will need to know this so I can check on the status of your contract and figure out why you can't download the jabber client.

Thank You,

Jock

Kristopher,

Thanks for your reply. We've now manage to get in contact with Cisco and it seems like we need to be "Solution Partner Plus" to be able to download the Jabber client.

Well sorry I wasn't much help then, I know that Cisco has changed how service contracts work recently.  Good luck, and let us know if you need anything else.