Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber client's contact list not in sync with web service interface

priadi.sadikin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using CUP server 10.5 and Jabber client 10.5. 

I have a question regarding use of CUP web services. It seems that it doesn’t sync with Jabber client.

For example, I tried calling “addContact” web service, however, after its successful response, when I checked in Jabber client, the contact added using webservice didn’t show up in Jabber.  But, if I checked by calling “getContactList” web service, it returns the recently added contact.

Also related to the above, the getContactList only returns the recently added contact, in reality, the user already has many contacts in his list of friends (roster) as shown in his Jabber client.

It appears to me that the addContact/getContactList has different database of contacts to the one used by Jabber client.

Anybody has the same experience?  I am using the web service API because my client wants to incorporate Jabber functionality inside their web portal application.  But my client also wants to use Jabber client because they have already purchased it.  So, both of them must be in sync.

Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Priadi,

Can you please try out these steps :

1. From Cisco Unified Presence Administration, choose Cisco   Unified Serviceability, and click   Go.
  2. Choose Tools > Control Center - Network   Services.
  3. Choose the Presence server. In the CUPS Services section, choose   Cisco UPS Sync Agent, and click   Restart.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

priadi.sadikin
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks.  We have solved this issue.  The symptoms only happens to users synchronized from LDAP directory.  Somehow, each user's data in the LDAP has its first name field empty.  After we filled in the first name field, and sync the directory again with CUP, we no longer have this issue.