cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Guest - Point-to-many video (videoconference)

weikang01
Level 1
Level 1

I read from the Jabber Guest page that videoconference is possible, but I never see any functions or samples to enable it.

Is it possible to do videoconference in Jabber Guest?

And if it is, what is the limitation? Like can I do it with 2 agent logged in to Jabber, while 1 logged in as just a guest?

5 Replies 5

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to have a bridge so for example you could program the JG link to point to the MCU and have everyone join there. That is one way to join a multipoint call

Hi and thanks for the tips.

May I know if there are any simple guide around that teaches us how to do that?

I couldn't find any guide on how to do this on the Jabber Guest documents.

Incoming Jabber Guest calls are handled by CUCM just like any other regular incoming call, and can be transferred/conferenced/etc like any other call.  There is nothing to do on the Jabber Guest side - Jabber Guest simply launches the call towards CUCM.  Once the call arrives on CUCM, then the incoming call can be conferenced manually by IP Phone users who handle the call, via automation like CVP or a TAPI/JTAPI CTI application.

Can I do this entirely by using 2 WebRTC Jabber application (logged in) and 1 Jabber Guest device?

I go through some documentation, and just tried configure the "Meet-Me Number/Pattern" in CUCM (Jabber Guest Sandbox Environment), add a new number, and let both WebRTC Jabber and Jabber guest call that number, but still fail.

You should be able to use a Jabber SDK client to create an ad hoc conference between a Jabber Guest user (assuming they are on a call with the JG user at the time) and another Jabber SDK client.

I don't think Meet Me will work, as calls to a Meet Me conference number have to be invoked a special way (they are not simple, direct calls to the Meet Me #).  I.e. on a Cisco IP phone, this happens when you use the Meet Me softkey button.