cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber IM

ivanapantelic
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently integrating Jabber with some Windows application. My question is next: is there something like WebDialer for IM?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are looking to launch Jabber into an IM session from another application, you may find the cross-launch URI capabilitiy helpful.  Like the 'mailto:' URI which is registered in Windows to launch the system-default mail client, Jabber can be crosslaunched by other apps by invoking the 'tel:' (basic call) or 'xmpp:' URIs.  E.g.:

xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message;subject=Test%20Message;body=Here%27s%20a%20test%20message

The XMPP spec for XEP 147 has additional details (not sure if Jabber supports all of the extra parameters...)

XEP-0147: XMPP URI Scheme Query Components

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are looking to launch Jabber into an IM session from another application, you may find the cross-launch URI capabilitiy helpful.  Like the 'mailto:' URI which is registered in Windows to launch the system-default mail client, Jabber can be crosslaunched by other apps by invoking the 'tel:' (basic call) or 'xmpp:' URIs.  E.g.:

xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message;subject=Test%20Message;body=Here%27s%20a%20test%20message

The XMPP spec for XEP 147 has additional details (not sure if Jabber supports all of the extra parameters...)

XEP-0147: XMPP URI Scheme Query Components

Based on what's in the Windows registry, here's a list of possible URI starters:

urlassoc.png

How to use them all?  That's another story... one I'm still investigating.

You can use them like this: Process.Start("ciscotel:1234"), or instead of ciscotel put what you need.