Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber SDK work in GOOD container

kin_lung_chan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are looking to have a solution to put Jabber in GOOD container.  One of the though is using SDK to build a web base solution and then user launch it via GOOD container.  If I need to setup something like this, anything extra or special setting that I need to consider?

Thank you.

Kin

3 Replies 3

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not familiar with GOOD containers - perhaps you can describe briefly the architecture and usage.  I did find good.com, which seems to be a solution for wrapping web-apps up for mobile use.  Assuming this is what you are talking about, I suspect this will not work, as the Jabber SDK - at least the voice/video endpoint piece - depends on a binary browser plugin to work, and this plugin has strict dependencies on browser+OS versions - it's not going to work on a mobile device.

If you are looking for mobile-based consumer->business voice/video you might consider the Cisco Jabber Guest solution: Cisco Jabber Guest - Products & Services - Cisco

If you need more two-way endpoint-like features you might consider CafeX Fusion Client: WebRTC To SIP Gateway | WebRTC API | Fusion Web | CaféX Communications

kin_lung_chan
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, GOOD.com is the one I mentioned.  However, mobile device like iPad, iPhone, Andriod and Windows Mobile. If they have Safari or Chrome etc installed, could it work?  If not, any chance or road map that Cisco will have SDK work on those browser version?

Thank you.

If you are talking about Jabber voice/video, then it won't work, and there is not plan in providing SDK for that I think.

As David mentioned above, Jabber Guest SDK will be an idea route. https://developer.cisco.com/site/collaboration/jabber/guestsdk/guestsdk/overview/

Or, CafeX.

If you are only looking for IM/Presence solution, I assume the current CAXL library will work on mobile device with Safari or Chrome etc installed since it's pure JavaScript library, though never tested myself.

Howard