cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Status

fabioalmeida
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys. This is my first time here. I was given a project to get the a user's status (away, available, offline). I already worked the server side REST request of if and i am getting back this (FORMATED FOR JSONP):

callback([{"screen-name":"xxxx@xx.com","time-to-live":"1209600","status":"SUCCESS","service-url":"x02wapi.webexconnect.com/wbxconnect","jabber-token":"J9O4Vqm4KXSP1xT14pEzd5dmPo7hMaK6BuOkEM34IGtrPHxDfpdHBzFnvjNmKu3i2jNs3aKYsl2wCsOsZz5L1ZGPh/S2IvezT0j+BckJlB6TojxMysDkaRWzyrXQlzbB0pl+PK1PSCrtg1tpNFKqv42WlxrGIcOZUUJCQmaL6CdxUmFQuTgQ2uXpdk7rZdfHhgTHTQun+wSGQu3N4V8UOX+StEDcM9cQDf0HBG4cUmxxQ45NjFntNN5r9957cBxJDBbdWh8pxAMKzJB9t3jZDIxSiIE3F1mjtx9XxzH6RJT2FKJH8VHXutjpTble0ZaIKBl20tOGEOwCwrLfGyxR/tCFHFBgkYkzltYwRxkp7zm0dAQ2cY/eaeKGjIAoGGy71aNTWk6JB14q5dq9paAS6g=="}])

Now i dont know where to go r even how to start the javascript to use the screen-name and token to get the status. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you

5 Replies 5

tinghche
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Fabio,

Could you be more specific on what Jabber approach are you trying?

Are you using the node.js sample? Or the Presence API?

Thanks,

Howard

Sorry for the long delay in replying. Let me try to explain better what i am attempting to do here. I am creating a webex / jabber integration for my company's webapp. I finished seting up the server side portion that returns me the info I posted above. With that information plugged into the jabber sdk  i then connect to the server (as jabberwerx.client) . I am good up to here but i dont know where to go from here.

All i want is two scenarios (and i cant seem to figure it out).

1. I need to retrieve the contact list for the logged client with his contact status / show. (online, away, do not disturb and offline)

2. I need to retrieve the client's own status / show (online, away, do not disturb and offline)

PS. I am not using node.js but i can if i have to... right now i am just testing my needs.

Thank you for the reply.

Fabio Almeida

Fabio,

Are you using webex connect (hosted), or IM/Presence server (On-Prem)? There are two set of SDKs for them, you need to first make sure you are using the right one.

Hosted Deployment SDK

On-Premise Deployment SDK

Then, I would recommend you to start with sampleclient.html provided by SDK. You will need to change the BOSH url and domain to the one you are connecting to as well to make the sample work.

Within the sample, you will see how to get/add the contact and receive their presence status and IM, etc...

Hope this help

Howard

Hey Howard

I got it to work. As soon as I clean up the code I will share it here. It is a very strange set up since we are GE and our services are federated, so It is not like i have the bosh url or even the password in the cisco side. I had to create a webservice that requests it from cisco and once I get it back i can use it to connect to IM.

Hi Fabio,

If it's for federation, then it's different story. would be interested to see how that work. Looking forward to your result...

Howard