Views
Helpful
Replies

jquery 2.1.0 with jabber sdk

soonhock_lim
Level 1
Level 1

saw that jabber sdk is using 1.4.2.

I'm trying to use another library in conjunction with jabber sdk, and this requires minimum jquery version 1.6.2.

I tried loading jquery 2.1.0, but fails with lots of exceptions. is there a way to overcome this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tinghche
Level 5
Level 5

Have you tried include your own jQuery prior to any Jabber SDK API?

ciscobase contains its own copy of jQuery, globally available as window.ciscobase.$. The 9.2 SDK ciscobase includes jQuery 1.4.2

At the time ciscobase.js is loaded, the global jQuery window.$ is set to window.ciscobase.$

you can include your own jQuery prior to loading ciscobase.js as below to use your own version of Jquery

<script type="text/javascript" src="//code.jquery.com/jquery-1.11.0.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="../src/ciscobase.js"></script>

You can check what version is currently running via browser console by running

window.ciscobase.$.fn.jquery

->“1.4.2"

and

window.$.fn.jquery

->“1.11.0"

Hope this help,

Howard

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lim,

Cisco Jabber SDK is implemented as a jQuery plug-in. This means that  jQuery is a prerequisite for using the API. ciscobase.js provides jQuery 1.4.2 by default, but does not conflict with any other versions of jQuery you may already have loaded.

Can you try  jQuery 1.11.0

jQuery 2.x has the same API as jQuery 1.x, but does not support Internet Explorer 6, 7, or 8.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

tinghche
Level 5
Level 5

Have you tried include your own jQuery prior to any Jabber SDK API?

ciscobase contains its own copy of jQuery, globally available as window.ciscobase.$. The 9.2 SDK ciscobase includes jQuery 1.4.2

At the time ciscobase.js is loaded, the global jQuery window.$ is set to window.ciscobase.$

you can include your own jQuery prior to loading ciscobase.js as below to use your own version of Jquery

<script type="text/javascript" src="//code.jquery.com/jquery-1.11.0.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="../src/ciscobase.js"></script>

You can check what version is currently running via browser console by running

window.ciscobase.$.fn.jquery

->“1.4.2"

and

window.$.fn.jquery

->“1.11.0"

Hope this help,

Howard

soonhock_lim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i just checked, seems like jabber sdk must be loaded in an IE8 environment, looking from the jabber sdk sample

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8,chrome=1">

when i changed IE=8 to IE=edge, jabber fails to register.

Jquery 2.x does not support IE8 and below, thus can i conclude that jquery 2.x will not work with jabber sdk?

vgargeya@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, Soonhock Lim,

In MR5 that tag is indeed - <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8,chrome=1">

In MR6, it is <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />

MR5 supported up to IE10 and in MR6 IE11 support was added.

-Vibhavaree