cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Manual Setup Of Video Demo

kg4265@att.com
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot click manual setup of Jabber Video Demo Version 11. This is all I see when I click manual setup nothing happens.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Per the OS and browser guidelines, that should be a supported variation: Cisco DevNet: SDK Web SDK - Voice and Video - Overview

Even if the plugin is having some sort of init problem, I would expect the 'cwic verison' and 'jQuery version' fields to show the respective versions of the Jabber SDK library and jQuery - these appearing should not be dependent on the plugin.  Are there any informative errors in the browser console?  You may want to double-check that the SDK and sample code are the v11 version and are being hosted correctly (note the later versions of the SDK .js/.html files must be hosted from a web server, and not just loaded from the file system.)

If you're continuing to have these problems, I would suggest opening a DevNet support ticket so one of our engineers can take a look at the logs and otherwise provide one-on-one support: https://developer.cisco.com/site/devnet/support/

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you describe a bit more on how you are trying to run this demo?  Is this your own environment?

From the 'System Info' box in the lower right of the screenshot, it seems that at minimum the Jabber Web SDK browser extension is not installed..?

Hi dstaudt,

Plug-ins are installed. When I disable, them the versions show-up, when i enable them they disapper again. I have tried various browsers but still same result. Has anyone else ran into this with V11?

To add clarification, we are currentluy running SDK Client 3.0. I was able to test with all 3.X versions with no issues. When I began testing 11.X it does not seem to work 100%. Not sure if I am missing a step when installing or a browser setting. I have restored browsers to default settings and still having issues with Client connecting.

Issue 1. Clent does not show manual setup information nor can you make any selection in the browser when client is launched. The signout at the top of screen is always grayed out.No system info is shown when plug-in is installed.

Not sure if anyone have successfully tested V11 and has it operational on a Windows  7 ,IE9 32 bit machine. Should this Client work on a default newly installed browser without any special modifications?

Per the OS and browser guidelines, that should be a supported variation: Cisco DevNet: SDK Web SDK - Voice and Video - Overview

Even if the plugin is having some sort of init problem, I would expect the 'cwic verison' and 'jQuery version' fields to show the respective versions of the Jabber SDK library and jQuery - these appearing should not be dependent on the plugin.  Are there any informative errors in the browser console?  You may want to double-check that the SDK and sample code are the v11 version and are being hosted correctly (note the later versions of the SDK .js/.html files must be hosted from a web server, and not just loaded from the file system.)

If you're continuing to have these problems, I would suggest opening a DevNet support ticket so one of our engineers can take a look at the logs and otherwise provide one-on-one support: https://developer.cisco.com/site/devnet/support/