Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems embedding Jabber Guest Widget in Google Chrome

dmcsweeney1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi-

I'm having trouble embedding a very simple Jabber Guest Widget in an HTML file for Google Chrome for MAC.  The same HTML code works without any problems in Firefox and Safari.   Here is the code:

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html lang="en-US">

<div>

<iframe id="jabberc" src="https://servername/call/dialstring?widget=true" width=640 height=430>

</iframe>

</div>

</html>

With the other browsers, I see my local video window as expected and when I press the call button the call goes through normally. 

With Chrome, I see no local video in the widget, but the call button does appear.  When I press the call button, the call goes through, however there is no video rendered in the widget.  

When I select "Inspect Element" in the Chrome window, I am seeing what appears to be an initialization problem in the Cisco Jabber Guest Extension for Chrome  as shown in the screenshot of the console window:   It appears to be constantly in the state of "Sending initialize to parent".   This goes on until I close the window.

Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 3.03.01 PM.png

If I open the widget in a new window instead, I see the local video as expected and the video renders properly when in the call.

Here is the version information about the Jabber Guest Environment.   Any suggestions?

Cisco Jabber Guest: main_10.5.3.115

Cisco Jabber Guest Add-on: 10.5.3.73

Cisco Jabber Guest Extension (for Chrome) 10.5.3.11

20 Replies 20

Well, that is a puzzler, isn't it?  Same versions, but not working properly on the Mac. Unfortunately, I don't have a Mac to test it with, so I'll have to check with the engineers on this. 

Also, this shouldn't make any difference, but just so I have all the correct information, I assume you're using 64-bit Windows and 64-bit Chrome on Windows?

Yes, I have 64-bit Windows but I'm running a 32-bit version of Chrome.

Corinne

Hi Corinne,

Can you try it with the 64-bit version of Chrome?

Here's my reasoning:  If it works with 64-bit Chrome for Windows, then it's likely to be a problem with Chrome/Mac or the Chrome plugin/addon for the Mac.  If it doesn't work with 64-bit Chrome for Windows, then it's likely tied to 64-bit Chrome or the plugin/addon handling of 64-bit Chrome.

Thanks

One more thing -- Adrienne, our team leader, found this:

NPAPI plugins don't work on Chrome version 42 and higher - Chrome Help

Included in that link are instructions for enabling NPAPI plugins until Chrome 45.  It's not an ideal solution, but it might help in the meantime.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I followed the instructions and had the same results. And since there has been so much back and forth since my first posting, I want to be clear on the symptoms.

Embedding the widget on Chrome shows no local video before placing the call and no remote video once in the call. If I launch it in a new window, it works as expected.

In the case where it doesn’t work, when I click on “Inspect Element” - we’re in a continuous loop where the console prints out line 18 of content_widget.js “Sending initialize to parent” about once a second.

So something is stuck, because in the case where it does succeed, that console printout only occurs once.

Also, since all things seem equal except the platform, you might want to check with Google support, too. This may be a Chrome for the Mac problem.