cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Proxy Login iPhone ?

kelmcbri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you know if it's possible to use the Extension Mobility API to remotely log in a Jabber for iPhone client ?   I'm wanting to write an iPhone app that would let a user pick up an iPhone, launch the app - the app would present a barcode scanner.  The user scans a barcode on their badge containing their userid.  Then the app would log the user into jabber for iPhone on that device and launch Jabber for iPhone client.

I guess an alternative would be to have the app scan the badge for username/password and then launch Jabber for iPhone passing those credentials along.  Not sure if Jabber for iPhone has a way to accept the credentials in a call from another program though.. but that's a question for another forum.

1 Reply 1

amoherek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I haven't come across any documentation that says you couldn't use the EM API on Jabber for iPhone client. Have you tried testing this out?

For the alternative option I think you could use the URI handlers supported by the native Jabber client that accepts credentials and cross launches the app automatically to a user session.

Thanks,

Adrienne