cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Expert Mobile Android SDK. CSDK library not found

ajimenez2
Level 1
Level 1

I've been trying to create a simple Android application with the Remote Expert Mobile SDK, I followed the instructions in the developer tutorials here: https://developer.cisco.com/site/remote-expert-mobile/learn/developer-tutorials/
but I get this error when I try out the app:

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 3.42.37 PM.png

can anyone help me out with this please?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Andres,

Have you added device permissions outlined in the project setup link? In particular:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW"/>

If so but you are using Android API 23 >= then follow advice at overlay - Unable to add window android.view.ViewRoot$W@44da9bc0 -- permission denied for this window type - Stack Overfl…

Regards,

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

robdoyle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andres,

I think there is a mistake in the guide on https://developer.cisco.com/media/remote-expert-mobile-developer-tutorials/android-sdk/01-project-setup/project-setup.ht…

As well as the assist-android-sdk1.32.2.jar you should also add the fusionclient-android-sdk3.0.3.jar to the project libs folder.

Regards,

Rob

Hi Rob,

adding the fucionclient-android-sdk3.0.3.jar worked but now I get a different error

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 2.47.40 PM.png

I don't know what I did wrong, thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Hi Andres,

Have you added device permissions outlined in the project setup link? In particular:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW"/>

If so but you are using Android API 23 >= then follow advice at overlay - Unable to add window android.view.ViewRoot$W@44da9bc0 -- permission denied for this window type - Stack Overfl…

Regards,

Rob

ajimenez2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rob,

That solved the problem, thanks for your help. I've encountered other problems but won't try to solve them in this topic, I'll create a new discussion if needed.