cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Resize video on iOS

edwin.ramana
Level 4
Level 4

I can resize the remote video on android and web using pinch gesture while call is connected. Both of them have the same behavior where the remote video's size will follow the container's size(div element on web and layout on android) so I thought that it would be the same on iOS.

But when I change the size of the UIView, sometimes the size of the remote video doesn't match the UIView.

Any idea?

Regards,

Edwin R

4 Replies 4

robdoyle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Edwin,

Can I confirm if you are using the Advanced SDK or the Expert Assist SDK?

I assume the Advanced SDK?

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes, I'm using advanced sdk

Regards

Edwin R

robdoyle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Edwin,

It is not possible on iOS.

It is documented in the developer guide in the Video Views and Preview Views section of each platform:

iOS

If there are calls in progress when the application sets the properties, the changes take effect when the next video call is made.

Android

If there are calls in progress when the properties are set, the changes will take effect immediately and

endure for future calls. If there are no active video calls, the change will take effect when a video call is

next in progress.

Regards,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for responding,

I'm just curious because I tried to resize the uiview for the video using uipinchgesture, the video size is changing but it doesn't fully follow the uiview. Sometimes it's bigger than the uiview, sometimes it's smaller.

So I think maybe there's a work around for this problem.

Regards,

Edwin R