Views
Helpful
Replies

RisPort70 API Reference 8845 Support

Himank Pande
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day Experts,

I am trying to automate some monitoring tasks for CUCM 11.5 SU4 and need to know a few things from a Device Support standpoint:

1) Are there any Enum codes(Model table) for the following devices:

8845, Jabber for Desktop/MAC, jabber for iphone and a lot of other phone models which are missing on this list?

2) How can we extend the :

<soap:MaxReturnedDevices>1000</soap:MaxReturnedDevices> - to more than 1000

3) Is there a way to segregate devices on the basis of Device-Pool/Call Manager group via any APIs?

4) Are the ENUM values listed under CSCvg70867 not available for usage in CUCM 11.x at all?

Himank Pande

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

davidn#
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Himank,

You can get a list of enum and device model using this SQL command

admin: run sql select enum,name from typemodel

On my call manager, 8845 = enum 36224.

I think the maximum devices return you can have is 1000 but you can use a combination of different values for DeviceClass/Model/Nodename to limit your query to < 1000 devices.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

The general approach to avoiding the 1000 limit on returned items is something like:

- Obtain a list of the phone device names you want to query for.  The AXL SOAP API is ideal for this

- Use SelectCMDeviceExt including up to 1000 device names in the [SelectItems] array (use SelectBy = Name)

<soap:SelectItems>
    <soap:item><soap:Item>SEP000000000001</soap:Item></soap:item>
    <soap:item><soap:Item>SEP000000000002</soap:Item></soap:item>
... </soap:SelectItems>

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

davidn#
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Himank,

You can get a list of enum and device model using this SQL command

admin: run sql select enum,name from typemodel

On my call manager, 8845 = enum 36224.

I think the maximum devices return you can have is 1000 but you can use a combination of different values for DeviceClass/Model/Nodename to limit your query to < 1000 devices.

Regards,

David

David,

Thank you so much for the response on this.

So what if the total number of devices exceeds 1000 for a particular Device class/Model/Node name? Is there a soap envelop link that you can attach here for a per Device Pool/Call Manager Group pull of devices for example?

Himank Pande

The general approach to avoiding the 1000 limit on returned items is something like:

- Obtain a list of the phone device names you want to query for.  The AXL SOAP API is ideal for this

- Use SelectCMDeviceExt including up to 1000 device names in the [SelectItems] array (use SelectBy = Name)

<soap:SelectItems>
    <soap:item><soap:Item>SEP000000000001</soap:Item></soap:item>
    <soap:item><soap:Item>SEP000000000002</soap:Item></soap:item>
... </soap:SelectItems>

Thanks a tonn.

I believe that answers my query. 

Himank Pande