Views
Helpful
Replies

Show customer names from a database

Cyon38
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

We've recently implemented a new Cisco phone system at our office, and while we didn't opt for the UCCX call center solution, we're eager to explore a way to display our customers' company names on the screen when they call.

We're considering creating a database that aligns phone numbers with customer names and their respective companies. The goal is to have this information pop up on the screen when the customer calls in.

Is there a method, feature, or a specific configuration within the Cisco phone system that allows for this without using UCCX? We want to ensure that our staff can easily identify the caller and their associated company when the phone rings.

Any insights, guidance, or experiences in achieving this within the Cisco phone system would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you for your help!

Best regards

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Outside of one of the Cisco Contact Center solutions, your main options would probably be:
* Find an ISV/partner who can provide something with the simpler functionality you need out-of-the-box - might be worth browsing Cisco Ecosystem Exchange

* Build something from scratch out of the available CUCM APIs.  The phone display piece is relatively simple via the IP Phone Services API.  The more involved piece would be using CUCM CTI APIs  (TAPI or JTAPI) to subscribe to incoming call-progress events to determine the caller ID/target device, then send correctly formed XML documents (i.e. IPPS) displaying the caller details to the target device.  CTI has a fair bit of complexity - lots of distributed moving pieces interacting asynchronously - so I would recommend a pre-built solution unless your team has the applicable chops.

Hello...

Thank you.
I don't know what to look for in Cisco Ecosystem Exchange.