cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can multiple agents on the same call all be supervised at once?

derrickgunter
Level 5
Level 5

Call scenario is like this:

- Agent1 calls Agent2 which answers, call1.

- Supervisor1 starts monitoring Agent1 (JTAPI call1.startMonitor(Supervisor1...Agent1))

- Supervisor2 starts monitoring Agent2 (JTAPI call1.startMonitor(Supervisor2...Agent2))

Is this supported?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not 100% sure on the answer for this - I'd be interested to hear your results if you give it a try

My bet would be it's not supported, though I have a vague recollection that it may work depending on the phone model and whether it can support triplicating (or more) the media stream - so it's possible it might work only on some phones.  If you want to open a DevNet dev support ticket, we can request a code review from engineering and get more definitive answers.  Ideally this would be mentioned in the documentation.

In any case, probably the best thing to do would be to keep track of monitoring sessions, and if a second (or third+) request is made, put the original monitoring call into a conference with the additional supervisors - this way you can have as many as you want

Thanks for the reply! Is there no place that I can check for this support?

WE have delivered similar solution with the help of conference mechanism. Actually there was multiple advisor who were part of monitoring call and able to  whisper executive when required.

Thanks & Regards,

Umesh