Views
Helpful
Replies

JTAPI to control recording for legal compliancy

kadala001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm investigating how we could leverage in my company the JTAPI to drive the recording to follow a schedule which would be stored in an external database.

I've read that a recording configuration is available for "Application-controlled recording", but I'm not really clear on how to host such application and what should be the scope of its responsibility if I activate that option.

Note that we're using Mediasense and CUCM 8.6, and due to a bug, we're not able to leverage anything from mediasense for that purpose.

Can you help me start understanding how JTAPI applications work and how they are fitting in the architecture (plugins ? standalone applications?)

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

mpotluri
Level 5
Level 5

Karim,

You need to write a JTAPI application and use Cisco JTAPI recording interfaces to initiate recording when ever needed. JTAPI developer guide will be a good starting point. In brief you need to create a user on CUCM admin, assign 'Allow CTI control' and 'Allow CTI recording' roles to the user and assign the phones you want to control. Application will use this userid/password to authenticate with CUCM and control the devices.

Also you can download the JTAPI test tool to get familiar with Cisco JTAPI capabilities.