cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSO User/Password selection problem

Fred Parlette
Level 1
Level 1

Shamefully out-of-date 11.5 document has only screen shots of TSP 8.0 and Windows XP

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/tapi_dev/11_5_1/cucm_b_tapi-developer-guide-1151.html

Unfortunately CISCO doesn’t have any up-to-date documentation to show the screen shot of SSO…

cid:image001.png@01D1DC0B.04DF2960

When a new user logs on in our environment - SSO is selected by default and cannot be changed unless an administrator connects and makes changes manually. This occurs on the same machine multiple times as each new user logs on. Unlike this screen shot, the radio button is greyed out.

By using a silent install - Does anyone know if NONAD allows switching the radio button from SSO? Most of the silent install commands seem to be out of date or do not function in this newest version (11.5).

7 Replies 7

davidn#
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Fred,

We do have an option to change the authentication mechanism through silent install. I am checking with our engineering team to find out how it's done and will let you know. Thanks.

David

Excellent, thanks!

Regards,

Fred Parlette | Puget Sound Energy | SR. Voice Engineer | RDSADD | 425.895.7086 | Ext 81.7086 | Mobile 425.301.8856 | Help Desk 425.456.2020

Hi Fred,

The following silent installation  command is used  to install Cisco TSP Plugin

CiscoTSPx64.exe /s /v"/qn AUTH=0 PASS=\"Passwort\" USER=\"User\" CTI1=\"10.102.96.41\" CTI1_TYPE=\"ipv4\" AUTOUPGRADE_TYPE=\"NEVER\" NOTIFIER=\"NO\" NONADMIN=\"Yes\"

HTH

Regards,

David

Tried example command line as is, CiscoTspx64.exe started but then just hung.  Could see it running in Task Manager but it appeared to hang, could have a dialog box open waiting for user response but since running silent could not see what was going on.

Ended the process and ran command line again without the /s option.  The Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable x64 dialog box opened, I had to select I agree to the license terms and conditions, select Install, it ran and I closed the box after installing MS Visual C++ 2012 then the CiscoTSPx64.exe completed. I rebooted, was prompted for Admin credentials when logging on in order to run TspAutoInstall_1.exe, ran Cisco TSPx64 Configuration, prompted for Admin credentials again, checked Configure CiscoTSP001.tsp and settings were good.  Reverted test VM, reran with our credentials and IP Addresses using the /s option and changed AUTOUPGRADE_TYPE=\"NEVER\" to AUTOUPGRADE_TYPE=\"ALWAYS\", this time, the Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable x64 dialog box opened (using the /s option) accepted license, selected Install, closed after install and CiscoTSPx64.exe completed.  Rebooted, during logon had to enter Admin credentials, opened Cisco TSPx64 Configuration, had to enter Admin credentials again, the Auto Update Information was set to Ask Before Update (we do NOT want that checked) and Always AutoUpdate was checked (as desired), Account Information - GOOD, CTI Manager page GOOD.

1. Is there anyway to auto install Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable x64?

2. Is there anyway to prevent the user having to enter Admin credentials during logon?

Note: I did notice that if I run CiscoTSPx64.exe manually, it install both Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable x86 and Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable x64, while using the /s it only installs Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable x64.

C++ prerequisite holds up the install – what is the command for that?

Regards,

Fred Parlette | Puget Sound Energy | SR. Voice Engineer | RDSADD | 425.895.7086 | Ext 81.7086 | Mobile 425.301.8856 | Help Desk 425.456.2020

Can you help us out? , the CiscoTSPx64.exe launches the MS Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable x64. If we could launch it separately, we could use MS command line, but since CiscoTSPx64.exe launches it, it needs to control it, or have an option to bypass it.

C++ prerequisite holds up the install – what is the command for that?

Regards,

Fred,

I will check with the TAPI install team and get back to you on this. Thanks.

David