Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UDS Authentication

I am trying to write a program that will allow me to access and update end user information using CUCM's Restful UDS api.  I created an end user with CCM Super User access however when I try to do anything that requires authentication I get a 403 error.  I have tried to search on developer.cisco.com however the link that talks about UDS Authentication seems to be broken.  Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Cameron

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

chribble
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to add the user to the "Standard CCM End Users" Access Control Group.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

chribble
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to add the user to the "Standard CCM End Users" Access Control Group.

Note, UDS allows changes only to the authenticated user's settings and preferences.  If you have need to modify other users' settings, you will need to use the AXL SOAP API:

Cisco DevNet: Administrative XML (AXL)

dstaudt,

So just to verify if we want an administrator application user to be able to update all other users in needs to be using AXL instead of UDS correct.

dstaudt,

So just to verify if we want an administrator application user to be able to update all other users in needs to be using AXL instead of UDS correct.

Correct

Note, requests to UDS may use either Single Sign-On (SSO) or HTTP Basic Authentication (using the credentials of the end user) depending on how your system is configured (i.e. if SSO is enabled.)

Basic info and links on SSO and HTTP Authentication

Cisco DevNet: User Data Services - Authentication

A sample app that shows how to use UDS with HTTP Basic Auth:

Cisco DevNet: User Data Services - How To - Develop an AJAX App

note mainly these two lines:

var credentials = btoa(user + ":" + password);

http_request.setRequestHeader("Authorization", "Basic " + credentials);

Christopher,

Thanks for the info I have added the Standard CCM End User to the access control group and I am now getting "401 This request requires HTTP authentication."

Do you have any idea why that would be?