cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

connected mobile devices to the internet

Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

Where can I find the facts about the number of access points in the last few years, now and in the future (a study about the wireless access points growth) and a study about the number of connected mobile devices (such as mobile phones and tablets) to the internet in the last few years, now and in the future?

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

shjain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sara, Thanks for your interest in Cisco VNI.

We do not publish the historical data for connected devices.  However, the current mobile VNI forecast highlights tool can provide you data on the number of mobile smartphones, non-smartphones, tablets etc  from 2016 to 2021 at a global, regional and a country level. 

While we do not cover wireless access points specifically within our VNI effort, you can get additional information on the same by visiting Cisco's wireless and mobility solution page.

I hope hte above helps answer your question.

Thanks,
Shruti

Cisco VNI team

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

shjain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sara, Thanks for your interest in Cisco VNI.

We do not publish the historical data for connected devices.  However, the current mobile VNI forecast highlights tool can provide you data on the number of mobile smartphones, non-smartphones, tablets etc  from 2016 to 2021 at a global, regional and a country level. 

While we do not cover wireless access points specifically within our VNI effort, you can get additional information on the same by visiting Cisco's wireless and mobility solution page.

I hope hte above helps answer your question.

Thanks,
Shruti

Cisco VNI team