Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCue18444 - A packet is unable to reach HSRP VIP in other VRF

jockew
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

i'm confused about which release of NXOS for the 7k has fixed this issue.

I have read the release notes for both release train 6.1 and 6.2 and the bug ID (CSCue18444) is not mentioned in there.

I know that the bug search mentiones the following releases are the bug fixed in:

5.2(9.115)S0

6.1(4.37)S0

6.2(1.59)S0

6.2(1.93)

7.0(0.7)

6.1(5.2)S0

Regards

Jocke W

1 Reply 1

fyr5fytr5
Level 1
Level 1

We are experiencing a similiar type of condition on 7k NS/OS 6.1.(2). If a VLAN gets shut down on 7k1 (which is the peer), and HSRP for the VLAN becomes active on 7k2, everything is fine.  When the VLAN is unshut on 7k1 which then preempts and becomes the active HSRP peer again for the VLAN, the HSRP gateway IP is no longer in the ARP table on 7k2. This has caused issues when servers are using the path through 7k2 but can't find the gateway IP to go to the 7k1 peer. If we ping the HSRP gateway IP from the 7k2 VRF it resides in, the IP and corresponding MAC are restored in the ARP table on 7k2, and both paths are again working as expected. Could this be similiar to this bug? (Also posted this on bug id CSCuh7946 that I found referenced in release notes for for 6.2).  I'm also having issues finding resolution or specific references for this condition, and have also checked several other release notes. Another bug, CSCue54187 may also be similiar from - release notes for 5.2).

Thank you,

Lynn Morgan