cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvb90977 - Doc Android 7.1 uses the default "system certificates" for 802.1x - 1

Ashirwadl
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

We have facing the same problem with wlc 5520 , ISE 2.0.

On WiFi network Android devices having version 7.0 and above version devices does not connect through the 802.1x security protocol. the user  authenticated successfully through ise 2.0 but wlc is not authenticating the same user through radius. user not getting ip from wlc.

But the Android version 6.0 and below having no problem with the same configuration.They are getting connected to the wifi network flawlessly.

what could be the reason behind the above problem.

TAC suggest this is a client side issue and they have further proceed with closing the case

Please suggest the solution.

2 Replies 2

btraister
Level 1
Level 1

I just came across this.  We run WLC 5520 and ise 2.1 (as a vm).  We had a user, droid 7.1, was having problems with getting on the wifi.  I suggested he forget the network, then login again and do NOT choose "System Default" or "system certificate"...use "Unspecified"

Hi

I tried selecting unspecified for certificate still facing the issue that some mobile phones are not getting connected with the configured 802.1x wlan.

If any solution please do

update. Thanks in advance.