cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvn28943 - Device got stuck with the error "Nested exception_rom_monitor call "

michanna
Level 1
Level 1

I have an out of the box 2960L-SM-24PS and I am experiencing a system lockup with "Nested exception_rom_monitor call (72016625 times)". Rebooting the switch is the only recourse. It seems this is brand new code as the version I am running, 15.2.6E2b, is the only version available for download and dates from November of last year. Anyone know of plans to release a new version of IOS for this switch?

Michael

2 Replies 2

Hi , 

anyone know how to solve this issue? I have exactly the same issue, and no further help is provided, really get stuck. I can connect the console, but once I connect the uplink cable, I got this error all the time, and the switch is no responding any longer.  Could this be the IOS version? I am sunig C2960-L 8port POE,Model number : WS-C2960L-8PS-LL, and ios is c2960l-universalk9-mz.152-6.E2b 

Thanks

Atroskelis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 3 years later

To whoever is finding this post, this bug does not happen on c2960l-universalk9-mz.152-7.E7.bin . I did an upgrade and it stopped happening. 

Good luck