cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvr85747 - Unable to update the Cisco desktop application and getting an error - 1

mgallen
Level 1
Level 1

This issue has now affected our organisation (December 2020).

• We have packaged the Cisco Webex Meetings application and deploy it using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager
  • We have deployed to many thousands of devices since we rolled out the platform in August 2020 as I'm sure many organisations have done due to the current climate.
  • We have enabled auto-update and specifically allowed the Webex update process to function on endpoints.
  • The auto-update feature is what we believe has activated this bug on our devices
  • Is this workaround sufficient for organisations such as mine that do not allow users to download and install binaries unless it is packaged in Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager?

Can you provide a fix that will work in this environment? If we package up the latest release of Cisco Webex Meetings will this resolve the issue permanently, or will auto-update re-activate the bug?

1 Reply 1

Greg Dickinson
Level 1
Level 1

I opened a TAC case on this same issue and it was closed, they basically said "A workaround was provided".  Like you, I don't have the manpower to contact hundreds of users to manually upgrade their clients.  I've reopened the TAC case and involved my account team to push for an actual resolution to the issue.