cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCwi33478 - Webex app preventing Windows to shut down

Jason Nash
Level 1
Level 1

Is anyone else facing this issue. On every shutdown on Windows 11 Windows display a prompt and Webex must be force closed.

The bug details are limited but seem to detail the same issue I am facing. However it suggests the issue is resolved but I am running 44.1.0.28251 and still experiencing the issue on devices.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Our engineers on the TAC case mentioned above told us this should be resolved with the February release 44.2
Wanted to share so hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel on this for you as well and users won't have to log out of the app prior to shut down or log out anymore. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

fearthecat
Level 1
Level 1

Having the same issue on version 

43.12.0.28111 (latest version of Webex for Service Providers). No updates from this available as yet.

It's been an issue for a couple of version releases. I have taken to exiting the app before shutting down but it would be nice for this to be fixed.

Note: there is no call in progress at the time, no part-dialled number or any entry in search fields within Webex.

cjt101
Level 1
Level 1

Also having the same issue with version 43.12.0.2811 on Windows 10 22H2.

Multiple users reporting the same problem. Problem seems to have been around for at least the last couple of versions.

Melissa2725
Level 1
Level 1

We are also experiencing this problem with our computers with PACs (used for viewing radiology images) installed.
We recently had to uninstall/reinstall Webex on our shared workstations because as the C:\ drives filled up, we found the multiple updates for webex per user profile was a huge culprit. When those profiles were cleaned up, Webex went back to the base install which was 41.7 and no longer allowed users to sign in.  
Since installing 43.9 on these workstations every time they go to log out of the workstation it hangs and then the next user is not able to sign in.  This is impeding workflow in our Radiology department until this can get fixed. 
These workstations are Win10 22H2

We just opened TAC case 696705897 to bring awareness of our issue and I just let some of the App Developers know in a space where we are working on base install update issues. 

Our engineers on the TAC case mentioned above told us this should be resolved with the February release 44.2
Wanted to share so hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel on this for you as well and users won't have to log out of the app prior to shut down or log out anymore. 

Thank you for the update. This has been bugging me for a while and I sincerely hope it's resolved in 44.2
Related xkcd from this week https://www.reddit.com/r/xkcd/comments/197v2om/xkcd_2881_bug_thread/

Thanks. I'm running 44.2 on a machine here and it does appear that this issue is now resolved. 

Andrew Sweebe
Level 1
Level 1

This is still an issue with 43.12. Is there a way that we can get 44.2 early or do we have to wait till February for this update?