cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding nexus 5596UP into DNA Center

dijix1990
VIP
VIP

Maybe somebody know why I can't add my nexus 5596UP to dna center? When I try to add it I get error that CLI doesn't go via check validate - it has wrong login and password, but from dna CLI I can connect with the same password.

I have CiscoDNA Center Version 2.3.3.7-72328 and by the documentation DNA can work with N5K-C5596UP
12 Replies 12

Hi @dijix1990 

The compatibility matrix is showing only Nexus 9K as supported. Where did you see  that Nexus 5596UP is supported?

FlavioMiranda_0-1685365672284.png

Got it, thank you

But the DNAC release shows 2.3.4.0.  You should be a bit higher on your relase, right?

FlavioMiranda_0-1685368412044.png

Yes. 2.3.4.0 is the minimum version recommended for legacy devices

You should consider move yours to 2.3.4.0.

Are you serious? Or kidding me? I have version 2.3.6.0 (it updates
automatically) which was recommended. by dna matrix it supports legacy from
minimal version 2.3.4.0.

"I have CiscoDNA Center Version 2.3.3.7-72328 and by the documentation DNA can work with N5K-C5596UP"

It can support by documentation in https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/Website/enterprise/prime_legacy_device_compatibility_matrix/index.html.

Legacy devices were added in September 2022

dijix1990
VIP
VIP

I have problem with Nexus 5596UP only, the rest of are working perfect (C2960 / C2960-Plus / C3560 / C3560V2 etc) maybe it's bug, but I don't have contract

lokowinnietyme
Level 1
Level 1

Did  you require any license requirement on DNAC center when adding the Catalyst 2960 C/CX/CG/L/X/XR/P ? From the compatibility matrix it says it requires at least DNA Essentials. Did the Catalyst 2960/3560 have this or you onboarded them using traditional licensing model i.e ipbase or lanbase.

Also has anyone also added firewalls in DNA Center like the ASA 5525  or ASA5515 and what licensing did you use.

What about the Nexus 77k are they still supported in DNAC Center or has anyone managed to add Nexus 77K to DNAC .Ran the PDRAT tool for Prime to DNAC Center on the below version

Current Cisco Prime Infrastructure Version : 3.7.0
DNAC Version Assessed : 2.3.5

The output says Nexus 7702 is supported but on the compatibility matrix it only shows N9K and no N7K.

There is a new licensing for managing routers in  DNAC (L-DNAC-MGMT-ADD Cisco DNACENTER Routing Management License) if you don't want the full fledged DNA Essential or DNA Advantage license.

Is there a similar option for other products similar to the Prime Infrastructure licensing model.

From https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/Website/enterprise/dnac_compatibility_matrix/index.html Cisco says other 3td party vendors can be managed like Palo Alto and Fortinet firewalls but the licensing requirement is DNA Essentials what part number is this ?  If Cisco can come up with a detailed licensing model for anything that can be managed by DNA Center this woul be of great help.

For legacy devices it doesn't matter for new c9000 if you want to use assurance you need have dna advantage licence on the your switches, if you want to just add device for manage or monitoring you need at least only essential