Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9800 Embedded WLC (9500 switch) Discovery in DNA-c

Hello all,

I am having issues provisioning WLC in my fabric, I have several questions : 

• So, I installed the 9800 embedded WLC on the 9500 , everything went well for that, I activated the WLC Role in the fabric so I see C | B | W on my border node in the fabric, but when I go to discovery and try to discover the WLC it only finds the 9500 and not the WLC that resides on it, is that normal ?
  • Should an embedded WLC be discovered that way too or is it working without discovery ?
  • Also is it normal that the WMI (wireless management interface) on the WLC is the same IP as the loopback 0 of the switch ? 
  • Option 43 for AP's should point to WMI IP ? 

Thanks in advance for helping.

Regards,

Adel Iazzag

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

DNAC support Fabric in BOX

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Campus/cisco-sda-design-guide.html#FIAB_Site_Reference

Does the Cat 9500 also have different Roles ? what part of network is this Cat 9500 resides ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello Balaji, 

This is not fabric in a box setup but full fabric for small site : 

sda-wlc.png

The 9500 is the one I circled in green, it's BN, CP and WLC. but in discovery it just finds the switch not the router, Netconf and everything is OK , look at the discovery window here : 

discovery.png

I wan't to know how to provision the WLC (if I need to) for AP's to be able to register with it. 

Regards,

Adel Iazzag

As per i know that is not supported as per your diagram, i am also part of the same journey, wait for some one to confirm that.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

What do you mean not supported ? Can you develop please ? 

Thanks.

Adel Iazzag