cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC version 2.3 not showing router, core, distro and access devices

Eric R. Jones
Level 4
Level 4

We have all of our devices safely snuggled into DNAC, provisioned and managed; however we have our ASR1000, and our 9400 series cores and distros plust all of our Access switches not appearing on the Assurance > Health page As you can see they show red for 3 of the 4 but the numbers don't match up. I'm currently running through the free DNAC Assurance course on Cisco U so learning as I go but this has been an issue since initial deployment in February. Anyone have an idea where I can look and/or a suggestion of training materials I can checkout to assist me and my team on the DNAC journey?

EricRJones_0-1714514449866.png

4 Replies 4

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, change the "Focus" in your Inventory to Inventory and make sure you have all green check marks for Manageability.  That column will tell you if there is a problem with CLI or SNMP credentials.

Next check Design->Network Settings->Telemetry to make sure nobody changes the defaults.  You want Catalyst Center to be a destination of everything so that it has data to display for you in Assurance Dashboads.  

Last you can re-push assurance configs from Inventory with Action->Update Telemetry Settings (and "Force Configuration Push" option selected).

From the view everything passed except for the ASR. That has an issue with our NETCONF port. That's something I've been aware of but picking issues one at time. So will the last line, re-push of telemetry settings cause an issue with production devices? I don't need a resume generating event. :^).

I just checked with my other colleagues and I will have to double check our templates. There's some concern about our AAA templates we built and deployed. But all other steps appear to have passed. I'll probably wind up contacting TAC. Thanks for the steps though. It got me viewing things differently in here.

ej

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what DNAC Version,

have you configured required pre-requisite for the device able to communicate with DNAC

i follow below guide (apart form the cisco U) - you can also play some sandbox to test before you tweak on your live environment.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center-assurance/2-3-5/b_cisco_dna_assurance_2_3_5_ug.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help