Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring of Catalyst/DNA Center itself

lecabral
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I wonder which is the best way to monitor our DNA Center appliance. We have all our networking infrastructure monitored and we want to have DNA Center also under this tool (from SolarWinds). We usually monitor using icmp and SNMP. Is it possible to monitor DNA Center like this? I didn't find the option to enable SNMP.

Thank you!

LeoC.

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ping it.

If SNMP is not hidden somewhere I'll end up using ICMP, but it will be disappointing.

Cisco's hands have been forced:   DNAC is now supporting 3rd party SNMP polling.  

I don't want DNA to monitor a 3rd party device with SNMP. I want my SNMP monitoring software to monitor DNA (cpu, memory, disk utilization, response time, etc).

@lecabral wrote:

I don't want DNA to monitor a 3rd party device with SNMP. I want my SNMP monitoring software to monitor DNA (cpu, memory, disk utilization, response time, etc).

What I was trying to say is, if DNAC is going to use SNMP to monitor 3rd party devices, then configuration for the DNAC's SNMP details must be "nearby".

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks like that is Wishlist i guess, you can get some information using API

i know solarwinds latest support API not sure or never tried it

https://documentation.solarwinds.com/en/success_center/sam/content/sam-api-poller-how-it-works.htm

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

desmond.cassidy
Level 1
Level 1

Basically I like to either ping or monitor third party appliances using SNMP. Do I use Cisco DNA ? No is my understanding May-2024

@desmond.cassidy wrote:
I like to either ping or monitor third party appliances using SNMP. Do I use Cisco DNA

That will depend on the SLA.  If the SLA does not mind the interval between ping-n-poll of >5 minutes, then DNAC could be an option on the table.  

Please take the time to look at the screenshot below and make the decision.

https://imgur.com/a/9mChIW8