cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Track Clients

Mike Garb
Level 1
Level 1

In Prime Infrastructure, we were using the "Monitor / Monitoring Tools / Clients and Users" Track Clients feature for missing or lost devices.
1.  Is there a way to export that list of MAC addresses to use in DNAC?
2.  How do we add MAC addresses that haven't been online in 'x' days to DNAC?  I know how to track a device that DNAC has seen, but what about devices that DNAC hasn't seen yet?
Thanks!

5 Replies 5

qzhang4
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Mike, 

Yes, you could export that list of MAC addresses in Prime to use in DNAC.

Also DNA Center allows you to track a client that has not connected to the network yet, and you could do this by clicking the 'Tracked Clients' item in the Assurance > Dashboards > Health > Client > Client Devices dashlet. 

And you could refer to the attachment for your reference. 

1.png2.png

And here is another great video to show you the client tracking feature in DNA Center. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntfON_zcpjg.

If you find my reply solved your question or issue, kindly click the 'Accept as Solution' button and vote it as helpful.

You can also learn more about Cisco DNA Center through our live Ask the Experts (ATXs) session. Check out Cisco DNA Center ATXs Resources [https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-knowledge-base/cisco-dna-center-ask-the-experts-resources/ta-p/4394489] to view the latest schedule for upcoming sessions, as well as the useful references, e.g. online guides, FAQs.
-----------------------------------------

Let me know if you have question / issue.

Thanks for the help - I'm in the right screen, but I don't have the "actions", "import client list", etc. options that you show.

Also, it is possible to edit the description for a particular MAC address?

MikeGarb_0-1712664194216.png

Hello Mike,

Please note that this feature on DNAC is only available on Version 2.3.3+, so if you are not using the latest DNAC version, then the options might not be available. 

Also if the dnac is in the right version, then you could check if your account is the admin account that has the permission for this feature. And this feature allows you to edit the description for a particular MAC Address. 

Thx,

Terry

Mike Garb
Level 1
Level 1

We are running 2.3.5.5-70026, and I am logged in with a user that has the super-admin-role.  I had the option to add new or import just once, and since then neither of those options appear.

Can you change your browser or clear the cache and try again? 

If the issue still exists, then I would suggest you to open a tac case to investigate the root cause since it looks like a product issue.