cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco packet tracer installation on kali linux errors

jabrahamjohn
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trying to install packet tracer from Cisco after installing Kali Linux in a new machine, and this is what has been happening with the same consistent error. in earlier versions of Debian Dist, the Cisco packet tracer worked fine. Later on the following dependencies will be obsolete (libgl1-mesa-glx, libxcb-xinerama0-dev).

i have raised the issue with kali linux bug tracker and it was referred to as a cisco issue...i have attached sample photos for the errors acquired. please help

Screenshot_2024-03-06_12_49_10.pngScreenshot_2024-03-12_15_35_41.pngScreenshot_2024-03-12_15_48_25.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gopinath_Pigili
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello jabrahamjohn ,

One of our member has encountered the similar issue...he solved it by performing the following steps:

The two dependencies that refused to install were:

1) libxcb-xinerama0-dev

2) libgl1-mesa-glx

I simply installed the first one by opening my terminal and typing "sudo apt install libxcb-xinerama0-dev" and it worked.

Now, for the second dependency which was "libgl1-mesa-glx", I manually downloaded the file which was gotten from https://packages.debian.org/sid/libgl1-mesa-glx.

Scroll down and choose your architecture and click on it. When you get to the next page, choose any mirror link you want to start the download(it's a deb file).

When the download is done, open your terminal and type "sudo dpkg -i dependency_name.deb" and click enter or use a package installer to install it.

When the installation is done, try installing packet tracer by typing "sudo dpkg -i packet_tracer.deb" and click enter. This should install packet tracer finally for you.

I hope this helps.

Best regards
******* If This Helps, Please Rate *******

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Gopinath_Pigili
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello jabrahamjohn ,

One of our member has encountered the similar issue...he solved it by performing the following steps:

The two dependencies that refused to install were:

1) libxcb-xinerama0-dev

2) libgl1-mesa-glx

I simply installed the first one by opening my terminal and typing "sudo apt install libxcb-xinerama0-dev" and it worked.

Now, for the second dependency which was "libgl1-mesa-glx", I manually downloaded the file which was gotten from https://packages.debian.org/sid/libgl1-mesa-glx.

Scroll down and choose your architecture and click on it. When you get to the next page, choose any mirror link you want to start the download(it's a deb file).

When the download is done, open your terminal and type "sudo dpkg -i dependency_name.deb" and click enter or use a package installer to install it.

When the installation is done, try installing packet tracer by typing "sudo dpkg -i packet_tracer.deb" and click enter. This should install packet tracer finally for you.

I hope this helps.

Best regards
******* If This Helps, Please Rate *******

*****THIS REALLY A 100% WORKS*****. PLEASE TRY THIS METHOD OUT.

jabrahamjohn
Level 1
Level 1

thanks a ton; it worked big up