cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Increase Frame Rate

Bernhard Albler
Spotlight
Spotlight

Is there any plan to increase the frame rate of the wireless presentation share?

thanks

bernhard

5 Replies 5

Henrik Bakken
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bernhard,

we have done quite a bit of optimizations to increase framerate over the last 6-8 months (from less than a frame a sec to 2-4 fps, depending on network conditions). 

However – the aim for Proximity is to provide a quick and easy way to share wirelessly (and avoid all the cable/dongle friction) in most presentation scenarios. For now, we will not be able to replace the cable, which would be the preferred solution for example when you share full-framerate video content with audio.

Best regards,
Henrik

I understand the limitations that are currently there.

The feedback we got from multiple users is, that proximity itself is great but sharing video is now such a common occurence that it is basically a near must for proximity to be fully useful.

It would be great if the proximity product management could look into possibilities to increase framerate and share audio. It would really help displace different solutions and provide a simpler user experience.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. We agree it is an important usecase. Currently it is lower on the backlog, though. 

Hi henrik

I have like 2500 users that are complaining about the same exact "issue" with Proximity

I understand the term issue isn't 100% true here because it is working has designed but the users don't care how it is designed :) They just need some tools to meet their business model.

Thanks to you guys to provide that feedback to the BU so that our mutual customers are happy :)

Nicolas

Hi. Are there any updates to this matter?  I just tested the Proximity client 3.0.1 , and the framerate seems to be the same as when we began using the system. 
Our users are still asking for a wireless solution to screensharing video to the conference systems, and we do see locations buying into Barco Clickshare. 

If Barco can deliver on wifi, why isnt it the same on Cisco Proximity? 

Thanks.