Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

opencCnnect vpn cache?

tgriffit60
Community Member

Hello. If you have a minute, could anybody help with possibly diagnosing this?

Monday 1 AM After logging in to network over openConnect vpn (I wanted to check an smtp server to ensure it was running before work week started). This server was inaccessible. Could not RDP, could not get to it via Computer Management, all shared drives were red X'd in File Explorer.

Monday 7 AM  Two colleagues reported same issue.

Monday 8 AM we all restarted laptops. Problem seemed to resolve.

Monday 11 AM. two end-users reported problems running code which accesses the smtp server. Custom code alerts that smtp server is inaccessible. They restarted laptops and problem resolved.

Monday 11:30 AM had two users in the office (not on vpn) test and had no problem.

Network admins say there were no changes. But this behavior looks like a dns or arp like cache clearing/updating thing. I was wondering if openConnect stores a cache on it's server instance. The smtp server is on-prem while all others servers (never having this problem) are aws. I can't figure this behavior out. It looks to me like the ip of the smtp server changed and some intervention updated the openConnect dns/arp. thank you very much for reading.
0 Replies 0