Views
Helpful
Replies

Easiest option to launch meeting for specific user

morgan.sotter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I'm developing a website where users can set their webex account name / number in their profile.

Then the public page of this user will display a button "start meeting with this user", that would launch the webex client and launch instant meeting with the webex account set.

I don't have any webex developer credentials or any experience in webex dev. Is there a way to do it easily, the same way it can be donr through Skype ( Skype - call a Skype user in a html page | enarion.net )

Thanks in advance for your replies!

3 Replies 3

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The easiest way would be to use the URL API. It isn't necessarily the best way, but it works great with HTML forms and no extra coding. You can review the URL API reference guide for AT=LI and AT=IM. Note that AT=LI will need to use form method POST for security reasons.

Hey Nathan, Thanks a lot for your reply. We are starting really from scratch so I'm not sure how to proceed: this means we have to get our own self hosted Webex plateform, then build the API?

Hello,

It is best to maintain a WebEx site for upgrade testing and product demonstration purposes. A sales representative can help get you set up with WebEx and the Gold Developer Program. It is up to you whether you provide host accounts to your customers from your own WebEx site, or allow customers to use their own WebEx site.