cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GetJoinURLMeeting

Oronzo Lezzi
Level 1
Level 1

We use in our application XML API Webex.

I would like to know how to get, through the method GetJoinMeetingURL, a webex meeting URL in the format

https://site.webex.com/site-en/e.php?MTID=ma......c

and not in the format

https://site.webex.com/site/m.php? AT & MK = JM =& PW =& AN = ….

I cannot find updated document about this issue.

Thanks.

Regards

Oronzo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I'm not sure I understand what the issue is. If you include all required details in the GetjoinurlMeeting request, the resulting URL should launch the meeting directly, regardless of URL obfuscation. If you want a URL with meeting details in it, you can build the URL with the same information you would feed to GetjoinurlMeeting by directly building your own URL API join link, https://site.webex.com/site/m.php?AT=JM&MK=123456789&AN=Attendee%20Name%AE=attendee@email.com

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

hreisenl1
Level 1
Level 1

We too are attempting to generate URLs to send attendees via email. For that, we need to retrieve the MTID for the newly scheduled meeting.

It would be good if that value were returned from either a createMeeting or setMeeting call, but we can live with having to do follow-up getJoinURL calls.

Harry

Harper College

Hello,

MTID is a system generated value that is not used by the URL API. If you wish to generate your own links, you should follow the formatting of the URL API reference guide, which uses MK for the 9 digit meeting key.

Hello Nathan,

in our integration we follow this steps:

- We create meeting with method createMeeting and we read the response with MK

- We want to obtain the Meeting URL with method GetJoinMeetingURL using the MK and the attendee details.

like in documentation

- We obtain Join Meetinh URL

The meeting details are obfuscated so, if we use the URL in the form

https://site.webex.com/site/m.php? AT & MK = JM =& PW =& AN = ….

we don't have any details about the meeting following the URL

This is our issue

Regards

Oronzo

Hello,

I'm not sure I understand what the issue is. If you include all required details in the GetjoinurlMeeting request, the resulting URL should launch the meeting directly, regardless of URL obfuscation. If you want a URL with meeting details in it, you can build the URL with the same information you would feed to GetjoinurlMeeting by directly building your own URL API join link, https://site.webex.com/site/m.php?AT=JM&MK=123456789&AN=Attendee%20Name%AE=attendee@email.com

Nathan,

I’ll just do bullet points, so I apologize in advance for the bluntness in.

1. This is for a DR process and site. Basic assumption – last person standing.

2. We currently use GoToMeeting and are able to programmatically create meetings for a Host other than the person using the program. Program uses Site Administrator credentials, assigns a Host and then creates a meeting.

3. We need for “first attendee” to become host if #2 is not possible. Without Host initiating a meeting.

Is this possible?

Other questions:

Is duration a “hard stop”, or can a meeting exceed the duration set at creation?

Does the initial Host have to attend the meeting, or can that person leave after handing off Host to another attendee?

(NOTE: we were allowed to talk with expert Citrix GoToMeeting developers from the start, because our DR scenario sounded great to them. This drastically shortened development time. Cisco / WebEx seems highly resistant to this approach, so we will probably be emailing for weeks.)

Did that help?

Harry

Hello,

It may be beneficial to have a sales representative demonstrate the product and its capabilities. It is possible to schedule meetings on behalf of other hosts, provided the necessary permissions are granted by the other host. Duration is not a hard stop, although I believe there is a hard stop at 24 hours. Host can leave meeting after passing host role to another individual. For development purposes, your sales representative or account manager can schedule a meeting with a member of the development support team to discuss you project requirements and WebEx API capabilities, this is a common occurrence and should have been suggested by your account manager or sales representative when discussing enabling APIs on your WebEx site.

Nathan,

Thanks for the reply. At least you are providing some answers.

On the last “getMeeting” call we tested, there was a field (“meet:guestToken”) that isn’t referenced in the documentation. Are there other fields or functions missing from the XML API Documentation?

Thank you.

Harry

Hello,

guestToken is in the reference guide, although it looks like it is out of alphabetical order in the Meeting service chapter elements section, appearing after 2 elements starting with h. You will also find it in the schema diagram for GetMeeting. The reference guide has not been updated much since XML 5.9, however, so there will be some missing elements that are covered in release notes and will be added to the documentation as it is updated.

Thanks for the clarification – I appreciate it.

Harry