cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Require Registration

AaronLS__
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to use the RegisterMeetingAttendee but it fails unless I set Requires Registration from the sandbox UI.  Now I am trying to do the same through XML API.

1) How do I set "Requires Registration" from the CreateMeeting XML API?  Looking at the meeting.xsd there appears to be an enableReg under enableOptions element, but it had no affect.

2) When doing this through the online sandbox UI it requires that I turn off the option to allow attendees to join early.  It seems like you should be able to register and join early.  I'm not sure why they would be mutually exclusive.  As long as they wait until the meeting actually starts that should count as attendance.  Maybe I don't understand the user case for registration.  We were going to use it to retrieve and store the registerID, which we could later use to call LstMeetingAttendeeHistory to determine attendance to the meeting.  The documentation describers this like so:

Note In the XML API requests, registerID is bound with the attendee having actually participated in the meeting. Thus, using LstmeetingattendeeHistory and LsttrainingattendeeHistory, WebEx partners will be able to query which attendees attended the meeting and how long they participated in the meeting and their detailed registration information

That sounds great cause after the attendee leaves the meeting we want to verify attendance(and it would be really nice to determine duration they were in the meeting).  However, 3) I'm not seeing where exactly I would pass registerId to the LstMeetingAttendendeeHistory to narrow down the result to a single attendee/registration.

My apologies for the poor formatting, this post editor thinks tabs==table. This was my attempt to set "Requires Registration" with enableReg:

...</attendees>
</participants>
<enableOptions>
<chat>true</chat>
<poll>true</poll>
<audioVideo>true</audioVideo>

<enableReg>true</enableReg>

</enableOptions>
<schedule>
<startDate>08/15/2014 20:20:10</startDate>
<openTime>900</openTime>
<joinTeleconfBeforeHost>false</joinTeleconfBeforeHost>
<duration>20</duration>
<timeZoneID>12</timeZoneID>
</schedule>...
1 Reply 1

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

For CreateMeeting, registration is set by setting registration to TRUE. registration is a child of attendeeOptions.

LstmeetingattendeeHistory does not filter by register ID, you can only filter by session key, conference id, meeting topic, and date range. Once you receive and parse the resulting XML, you can filter the results to obtain the record(s) you need.

Note that all History service commands will return actual attendance data, you will receive no information about anybody who did not attend with these requests.