Views
Helpful
Replies

SAML

jeanborgonia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I'm new to webex dev and I can't seem to figure out how to get the saml response that would replace the username and password in the authenticate user function. Do I have to generate it myself? If so, how? Or do I get it from someone else? Also, does it have to be a new saml response every session?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kinglewi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The AuthenticateUser call is only required if you are attempting to authenticate on a site that already has SAML enabled on it.  It is difficult to use AuthenticateUser unless you have direct access to the Identity Management System (IDMS).  If you do not have direct access to the IDMS you won't be able to use AuthenticateUser.  Are you trying to create an integration which will be used by multiple sites and different customers, or just using this on your own webex site?

If they site you are trying to use is not enabled for SAML you can just authenticate with the Hosts username, and password in the securityContext of the call you are using.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

kinglewi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The AuthenticateUser call is only required if you are attempting to authenticate on a site that already has SAML enabled on it.  It is difficult to use AuthenticateUser unless you have direct access to the Identity Management System (IDMS).  If you do not have direct access to the IDMS you won't be able to use AuthenticateUser.  Are you trying to create an integration which will be used by multiple sites and different customers, or just using this on your own webex site?

If they site you are trying to use is not enabled for SAML you can just authenticate with the Hosts username, and password in the securityContext of the call you are using.