cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can an individual search and add themselves to a room?

shwaxman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I've been manually adding people to the Rooms in Spark.  Is there a way for individuals to either request to join a room or add themsleves without the Room owner having to add them?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would suggest using teams for that purpose and its Better suited than rooms for exactly that. You can see a teams, rooms inside a team and join leave all without being explicitly invited or learning to search for them like its with rooms

Thanks

Srini

Thank you.  Can you advise how that would work?  I tested the "team" and couldn't figure out the difference between a team and a room.  Is the Team a collection of rooms...or? 

Take a look at this blog The Dirty Secret of Team Collaboration: Teams

So you are looking a team based on department, some topic, or a group. For example Marketing could be a team. Inside that you can have sub rooms (Product 1, Product 2). Folks can then decide which room to join/leave based on their connection to that group.

It also renders well in the client so that instead of rooms after rooms making the list very long, now you almost have a folder structure to your rooms