Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco jabber lock

Dears,

i have Cisco jabber and i need to lock it for a meantime or for long time// is there anyway to know which steps can help me to do that from settings?

9 Replies 9

In Jabber application , you can sign out to deactivate the application. When signed out, your number will be unregistered(assuming this only device you use). To reactivate Jabber, simply sign in again.

1. Click on your profile.
  2. Look for the ‘Sign Out’ option.

NithinEluvathingal_0-1713760301497.png

Response Signature

hello.
this is the way to signout only not to lock

What do you mean by lock it?

Response Signature

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Just lock the PC ... But no, there is no "lock" in Jabber. Just the log out, which @Nithin Eluvathingal mentioned.

i need to make it locked to not be able to sign in with my username or
password like error with credentials

Aha, so are you are asking if there is a way to hard code the user that login to a specific Jabber client? If so no there are not to the best of my knowledge. If you’re asking about if you can stop a user from signing into Jabber at all you can do that by not assigning IM&P rights to the end user object in CM. If you’re asking something altogether different please elaborate in a bit more details as then it’s apparent that we don’t understand what it is you’re trying to get help with.

Response Signature

hello thanks for answering bro but the main issue or my concern here
i need to lock my credentials to not be able to login to take calls or to
make it on ready status without getting calls landed?

As no one but you should know the credentials of your account I don’t understand what your problem is? Just make sure that your logged out of any of your Jabber applications as @Nithin Eluvathingal described.

Response Signature

If you log out, calls will not be directed to your device. To answer or receive calls, you need to log in, and Jabber must be registered with CUCM (Cisco Unified Communications Manager).

If you need to lock your account, and your CUCM is AD (Active Directory) integrated, please contact your AD admin. They will be able to lock your account. Keep in mind that this action will also impact all your AD logins.

Response Signature