Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber with Diffrent Domain

Yaniv Malachi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a customer that have a UC system version 10.5.2 , and a express way c $ e  version 8.6 ,

i have internal domain & external domain, all my cucm + cup +expc are configured with the internal domain,

and the expe is configure with the external domain ,

I have deploy a MRA  and configured at the Jabber 4 windows the option of "voice service domain = internal domain , but i can

login only if i on the customer network , and if i not in the customer network , the login failed ,

i need to know how to configure the system that the user will login always  to the system  userid@external-domain.com

also if he connect to the network and also if he connect outside customer network

Regards

Yaniv

2 Replies 2

Matthias Dohm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have often found this to be the toughest issue when deploying MRA.

For this to work properly, you will need a split-brains DNS setup for the SRV Records. The actual Server names can stay as they are, but you can only have one Domain that is used for the SRV requests.

The VOICE_SERVICES_DOMAIN parameter does not help you there. It is only used for Hybrid-Deployments where you use WebEx for IM&P and CUCM for Telephony.

The _cisco-uds._tcp.<domain> and the _collab-edge._tls.<domain> requests will both use the same domain, so you need a setup where from the company network _cisco-uds._tcp.<domain> is resolved and from the internet only the _collab-edge_tls.<domain> record works.

If this is not the case for the external-domain.com (which in most cases I have seen so far, it isn't) you can either setup a sub-domain like uc.external-domain.com with a split-brains setup or you may have to route all Jabber traffic, internal and external, through Expressway.

There was an excellent session on this on this year's Cisco Live in Berlin. you can download the video and the slides on ciscolive.com - BRKCOL-2012

Matthias

Hi Matthias

thanks for all the info

I saw the session that u recommended and it's excellent 

i will follow that session 

Thanks 

Yaniv