Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Webex hybrid calling.

Hello Cisco experts!

I need some help here with my cisco adventures. We have a new CUCM 15 installed in our lab.

We had CUCM 14 earlier, and a hybrid webex call working with it. i.e., on control hub, we had created a UC profile for CUCM 14. we verified the domain so our users can login and then for phone services it defaults to CUCM 14, subscribers.

Now, with CUCM 15 in our lab, we have created a new UC profile and assigned that new profile to the users under calling-> Calling behavior. 

When the user logs into webex, the phone services are still defaulting to CUCM 14. 
Can anyone help us understand why its not defaulting to CUCM 15 now, what should we be checking ?

And also, we are suddenly seeing an NTT baner there on the webex app, which is new, not sure why ?

Thanks in advance. 

10 Replies 10

If you share the details on how you have gone about this in CH, CM and MRA systems then we can have a look and verify if there are anything missing or incorrectly done.

Response Signature

Thanks for your reply.

1. In CH, 
- We have verified the domain that we are using, 
- Created couple of users in that domain.
- Created a new UC profile with CM 15 PUB and SUBS.
- Assigned this new UC profile to user under calling.
- The users have licenses for - Register to Unified Communications Manager (UCM)

2. CM- CUCM15
In CM we have CSF, BOT and TCT profile created with SIP OAuth security profile.
The Webex client is in the organization network (so, we are 1st trying without MRA) (Also, the CSF, BOT, TCT profiles works with Jabber on CUCM 15, tested, verified.).

The configured users in CH when logs into these Webex clients. there is a prompt to enter user id and password but the phone services are defaulting to CUCM 14 and not to CUCM 15 

Are the two CM systems in an ILS network and have you verified that the end user accounts only have Home Cluster set in the CM 15 system? Also check that the UDS SRV records for the domain is correctly pointing to the CM 15 system.

Response Signature

The CMs are not yet in ILS network.

What about my other questions?

Response Signature

Hi @Roger Kallberg , 
The UDS SRV server records are set correctly on internal dns server and points to correct CM 15 FQDN, The jabber client in the same network is able to login with them. I assume webex uses the same login flow?

I am not yet trying the MRA. so, webex clients should directly be reaching to CM without Expressway being involved in the flow. 

Then I would recommend you to collect the logs from a Webex client, and possible the same from a Jabber client, and run them trough the analyzer at https://cway.cisco.com/csa-new/#/home to see if there are any differences between them.

Response Signature

Hi @Roger Kallberg ,
In cisco control hub, we have now deleted the UC profile for CM 14, which had UDS server setup, we created a new one for CM15 with voice and UDS server set to CM 15, and assigned it to the users.
When this user logs into webex client, it still sends dns srv query for CM 14, is what puzzling me. 

Is there anything needed somewhere else to change?

I have the UC profile created in Org settings and then in Calling behavior -> Unified CM Users, selected this profile, and under User -> Calling, I see CM 15 being selected and greyed out.

And this Webex clients is discovering for CM14 

There is really not that much to this. We have the exact same setup as you outlined, more or less anyway, I'll go into the differences later. In Control Hub we have two UC Manager Profiles defined.

Production, that runs on the CRS 14 platform
image.png

Test (pre-production) environment that runs on the CRS 15 platform
image.png

Even if they are blurred you can likely see they are just specifying different domains or in reality a domain and a sub domain.

What you might have missed out on is that the Webex client will use the domain in the login name, ie in the email address to do the SRV look up. It does not typically use the domain that you put into the UC Manager Profile.

What we do that might be different from you is that a user that is on the pre-production systems can actually login with just the domain name in the email address, ie he/she do not need to enter the sub domain (next.domain) as the email address when logging in to the Webex application. This is working as our systems are in a ILS network and they distribute information about home cluster of the user between each other, so even if the user initially resolves the UDs record to a CM 14 node it will get informed by that node that you belong to this CM 15 system and from there on the communication happens between that system and the client.

Response Signature

Hi @Roger Kallberg ,
I identified my problem. 
Whatever changes I was making on org settings were not really getting applied. I was logging as an external admin to this site. 
I worked with my colleague who is the main admin, there we could really see that org settings didnt have any changes that I had made, like the new CM profile, etc, 
so, we made the same changes from his login and then it worked like a charm. 

I am able to login on webex on Windows, IOS, and Android clients in enterprise network but now I am facing problem with the MRA. 

I do see that phones are sending the uds dns server query which fails because external dns server doesnot know about it but I dont see these clients sending dns query for collab edge. I do have the voice domain filled in the the UC profile in CH.

Whereas Jabber on Android and Windows has worked fine with same CM over MRA.

any suggestion ?

Thanks!
Shakti