cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMR WebEx Cloud and TMS Booking API

dmatheson
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if the this is the correct area of the discussions for this question so here goes.

Our integrated solution currently allows the end user to generate their WebEx meeting (via the XML API), then create a TMS Conference (via the TMS booking API) and include in this create call the appropriate WebEx information for the conference. As I understand things this is the CMR Hybrid model. 

The question has now been posed if we can deal with the CMR Cloud solution via our integration. I've been struggling to find any information on how to correctly achieve this via the TMS booking API. I thought I'd seen something that said you just add the SIP address as an external endpoint - but in my testing with our endpoints it didn't appear to be working - but this could be our setup more than anything.

To be honest I am just looking for some confirmation of how to add WebEx to a TMS conference via the booking API such that it is classed as Cloud as opposed to Hybrid.

Can anyone point me in the direction of said documentation/reference?

Many thanks

Donald

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scheduling a CMR Cloud conference using TMSXE is really just an external hosted conference within TMS, if you're able to use the API to schedule this externally hosted conferences, it might be worth a try.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Zoltan Kelemen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Donald,

I'm afraid you cannot book or manage CMR Cloud meetings from TMS (thus TMS's API will not be of much help)

TMSXE does offer some level of inegration, but it relies on bookings made from the WebEx Productivity Tools, which it then picks up and creates an externally hosted meeting in TMS. However, TMS cannot initiate a cloud only meeting.

Perhaps you could try using the WebEx API instead?
https://developer.cisco.com/site/webex-developer/web-conferencing/

Cheers,
  Zoltan

Scheduling a CMR Cloud conference using TMSXE is really just an external hosted conference within TMS, if you're able to use the API to schedule this externally hosted conferences, it might be worth a try.

Hi Patrick,

Thank you, I think this is what I needed. 

I've not been able to test successfully yet, but I think that is a setup thing our end.

Thanks

Donald

Hi Zoltan,

Thank you for the response, I perhaps wasn't very clear in my explanation. We already use the WebEx api to allow the end user to generate the WebEx meeting it was how we passed this information to TMS such that it would be seen as cloud and not hybrid CMR.

I think you noted (and Patrick also pointed put) that what I needed to do was use the externally hosted conference feature.

Thanks

Donald