Views
Helpful
Replies

Collaboration Security Password

Juraj Papic
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I have to perform a CUCM security password Reset, I would like to know when I do this task in the cucm, what other devices or applications I would have to do a security password reset.

Thanks. 

5 Replies 5

Please ensure that the security password on the publisher is changed first. The security password needs to be the same on all cluster nodes, or the publisher and subscriber(s) will not communicate. After changing the security password on a cluster node, please restart that node.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/213527-changing-cucm-os-admin-and-security-pass.html

Response Signature

Juraj Papic
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Nithin,

Thanks for the information, but in the Collaboration Platform (CUCM, IM Presence, Expressways, Unity) in witch of this I should also change the security password.

thanks. 

In all nodes within the same cluster. For CM this includes IM. The other are independent of the other, aka changes to the security password in CM have no impact on CUC or Expressway.

Response Signature

As @Roger Kallberg mentioned CUCM and IM. CUC and Expressway  are not a part of CUCM cluster. 

Response Signature

Juraj Papic
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks Roger!