Views
Helpful
Replies

Contact Picture in Jabber for iPhone

mcaldogne
Level 3
Level 3

Hello!

I have configured in the phone configuration, under product specific configuration layout, LDAP Photo Location, the link of a webserver where are located the pictures.

http://ip-address-webserver/%%uid%%.jpg

In Jabber IM for iPhone I can see the contact picture, and Jabber for Windows with UDS cans also visualised the same picture.

Any idea of what could be wrong here?

Thanks a lot,

Mirko

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please rephrase. Your sentence states that it is working on both clients.

In Jabber IM for iPhone I can see the contact picture, and Jabber for Windows with UDS cans also visualised the same picture.

Jabber IM connects to CUPS to chat with other user and so on,  while Jabber for iPhone ist the SIP client that connects to CUCM to call other users, device type Cisco Dual Mode for iPhone.  I cannot see the picture in Jabber for iPhone!

Ah ok. Thanks for the clarification. The Administration Guide does explain how to set the Product Specific Configuration Layout settings to retrieve the photo. Assuming that all looks right then the question becomes: is the directory integration working?

The short version of the explanation is that for every call the SIP client must perform an LDAP query to find a matching account object. If it can't find the account object in LDAP it will in turn fail to have the needed attribute values for your URL substitution. The guide has a section on Directory Integration which knocks out the basics. A few pointers to investigate:

• If you're not using authentication, is the client able to successfully bind to LDAP and does an annonymous connection allow read of the user object and attributes listed in the admin guide?
  • If you're binding to a Global Catalog server, are the attributes listed in the admin guide indexed on the GC? Many are not by default.
  • Does the telephoneNumber (or whatever attribute the client is searching on) exactly match the caller ID (incoming) or called number (outgoing)? In other words things like dashes, spaces, and parentheses will break the search. Example: If the caller ID is +14045551234 and the telephoneNumber attribute is +1 (404) 555-1234 the lookup will fail.
  • If the telephoneNumber does not match the caller ID (incoming) or called number (outgoing) you will need to use Directory Lookup Rules to map the received value to what is in LDAP.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

OK, problem solved!

I changed the link on the device from http://ip-address-webserver/%%uid%%.jpg to http://ip-address-webserver/%%sAMAccountName%%.jpg and now it is working.

I changed if after I read here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/iPhone/8.6/JABI_BK_J29330BB_00_jabber-for-iphone-admin-guide_chapter_011.html#JABI_TK_I58847C0_00

The User ID in CUCM correspond to the attribute sAMAccountName in LDAP and although the directory integration worked and LDAP query was OK, the iPhone was non able to display the contact photo.

Thank you for Help!

Jonathan,

how do you accomplish this  with Directory Lookup rules ? can you provide an example ?  I have this exact issue where my ldap is formated as you have it +1 (    ) xxx - xxxx .. how do I get it formated correctly with directory lookup rules ?

• Does the telephoneNumber (or whatever attribute the client is  searching on) exactly match the caller ID (incoming) or called number  (outgoing)? In other words things like dashes, spaces, and parentheses  will break the search. Example: If the caller ID is +14045551234 and the  telephoneNumber attribute is +1 (404) 555-1234 the lookup will fail.
  • If the telephoneNumber does not match the caller ID (incoming) or called number (outgoing) you will need to use Directory Lookup Rules to map the received value to what is in LDAP.