Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 14 cost for small business

power-funzl
Level 1
Level 1

hi

I am currently using the evaluation period of CUCM 14. I think the platform could be a good option for our small business, where there are currently 8 people working in their offices. But of course the decision of a possible purchase will be based on the price of the product as well.

I am having difficulties understanding the price model. Can somone shine some light on it? How much will the CUCM system with 8 connected phones (8800 series) and 3 trunks cost us approximately? 

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please direct this question to your Cisco partner/reseller. Costs can vary by theater/country - and candidly, it’s not our place to tell others what to charge.

IMO though, an on-premises PBX for eight users will be very difficult to cost justify compared to UCaaS offerings such as Webex Calling.

As highlighted by @Jonathan Schulenberg, pricing is subject to regional differences. For accurate information, you should consult a Cisco partner in your locality.

Echoing @Jonathan Schulenberg advice, for a group of 8 users, CUCM may not be the ideal choice. You should explore Webex Calling if it’s available in your region, or alternatively, a Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express (CME) could be a suitable option

Response Signature

power-funzl
Level 1
Level 1

ok, that make sense, thank you.

I am also considering to convert the bunch of 8800 phones into 3pcc models, in order to use them with an alternative PBX platform.

I already searched for info about this migration and especially about the required licenses; no look so far...

See Convert Cisco 7800 and 8800 series IP phones between Enterprise and MPP Firmware 

Cisco will cover the cost of that conversion license for Webex Calling. You would have to buy the conversion SKU from a Cisco reseller to migrate to something else. Supposedly there is a real cost behind the scenes too; MPP firmware requires different intellectual property licensure than Enterprise firmware. For this reason, the "free" conversion license generated by Webex Calling is locked to that service. You would still have to buy the conversion license SKU if moving an originally Enterprise firmware phone from Webex Calling to another SIP registrar.