Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 CFB SIP-based TelePresence MCU

hani_altaher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

as per CUCM 8.x SRND "

Cisco Unified CM 8.6 and later releases support SIP-based TelePresence MCUs through conference bridges, thus providing an additional method of MCU integration for ad-hoc conferences that can support higher resolution."

So which Telepresence MCU SIP based can be confivgured as Conference bridge on CUCM and support ad-hoc with continuous presence.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Siri

it works well with MCU video size set to CIF(withuout being Squished)and customer is satisfied with it, we have acceptable 5 participants contonuse presence VC.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I haven’t tried this in the lab but based on what I have read MCU such as 4500 and MSE8510 can register to CUCM but keep in mind there are caveats such as only Cisco IP Phone end points such as 9900 series, 8900 series can use them. Tandberg end points such as EX series, C series use Multi way which still requires VCS. CTS end points don’t support it either. Multi site end point can use it’s resources if it is registered to CUCM but not Multi way

On the other hand by using PVDM3 resources that are now capable of video you could handle CTS and Tandberg end points. So in short for the most comprehensive experience registering the MCU to VCS is still recommended.

Thanks

Srini

Hi Srini

thanks for your response,

my customer has 9971 and 9951 with camera,and customer want to order MCU that can be registered with CUCM and provide ad-hoc conference with continuous presence.

for PVDM3, it support voice switching (one layout) not continuous presence.

thanks and best regards.

hani Al-taher

Well considering you have a 5/5.6 inch screen on these phones, your picture is going to be squished if you do CP mode. Trying to fit in a “Brady bunch square” (CP layout) isn’t the best experience in a small screen hence voice activated is recommended.

Thanks

Srini

Hi Siri

it works well with MCU video size set to CIF(withuout being Squished)and customer is satisfied with it, we have acceptable 5 participants contonuse presence VC.

Thanks