cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downloading Meeting Recordings

Dave McKenna
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently upgraded my ON Prem CWMS to version 2.7. We are running version: 2.7.1.2054.B-AE.

When users attempt to download a recorded meeting they receive an error message stating that the site could not be reached. The recording doesn't download.

The URL listed in the browser changed and added the :8444 to the end of the url.

https://webmeeting.ebsi.com:8444/orion/recording/download?download=1&serviceRecordID=10774&csrfToken=BgAAAGqHPnYUDLEzOJwYodzQu_1PMFXBrOz0nBtaOr8CRKBgBwHV0tZSsBfgIDr7Ct1kU2cAmRhEneoeGL9d6rSqJajSuSp3EPwn0H3Du7-YCR5YzJIADH7TxcTKn3HFfvA2Ztw=&siteurl=webm...

When I remove the :8444 and refresh the file is then allowed to download.

Has anyone else run into the same scenario?

3 Replies 3

d.haeni
Level 4
Level 4

Dave,

seeing the same behaviour here, running on CWMS 2.7.1.2060.B-AE

Any luck so far to get rid of the nasty workaround?

Cheers

/David

Curtiss Hoeft
Level 1
Level 1

Dave,

According to the planning guide for CWMS 2.7 , port 8444 was introduced to CWMS as of version 2.5MR1 and should be configured on your firewall. From the document:

Important:

Ensure that the firewall or any load balancing solution redirects requests to the ports listed below to ensure users can host and join meetings successfully.

Restriction:

Configure TCP port 64700 on the IRP machine to deny any requests that come to the public VIP address. In the external firewall, this limits access to this port for requests only from the Admin virtual machines.

Protocol

Port

Source

Destination

Why It Is Needed

TCP

Any external clients.

Public VIP (Eth1) of the IRP.

External clients access the WebEx site URL by using HTTPS. TCP connections are initiated from the external client machines to the IRP virtual machines.

TCP

Any external clients.

External clients accessing the WebEx site URL by using HTTP. TCP connections are initiated from the external client machines to the IRP virtual machines.

TCP

(Introduced in 2.5MR1, 2.6, and 2.0MR6HF.)

Any external clients.

External clients accessing the WebEx recordings by using HTTPS. TCP connections are initiated from the external client machines to the IRP virtual machines.

Hope this helps.

hveibttbb
Level 1
Level 1

After I download my webex online meeting documents to my PC, I tried converting it to MP4 with the inner editor. But it asked me to sign in what passports i do not know. So, i do not know what to do