Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DRS Scheduled Backups Failing

I am trying to run nightly backups on my Unity Connection server however it seems to fail 90% of the time.  It does work once in a while, but it fails at different spots every night.  I am able to run a manual backup to the same backup device with no issues and my CUCM backups work with no issues also.  Any ideas on what might be causing this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Issue was with the TFTP server

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Is there a specific 'time' (or timehack like at :30 of the hour) that is consistent about the failed backups? What does the DRF trace file say?

Maren

No specific time.  Seems to be random and sometimes it finishes (very rarely).  I get the following error

Result Code : 109-Unable to transfer the tar file over SFTP channel as currently configured SFTP server does not support output stream

I did see a bug with this error in it however my version is not listed in the list so not sure if I am hitting it.  I also have CUCM and another CUC cluster that are running the same version with no issue.

Issue was with the TFTP server

What was the issue with the TFTP server?

My server team handled this.  They may have just reset the Linux server it was running on.

Almost all DRS scheduled backup issues are from the TFTP client and network connecting between the TFTP server - CUCM server.