Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway-c menu in callmanager 12.5

martin01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just upgraded to Call Manager12.5 and I noticed that there is a new menu in the Device top menu witch is Expressway-C

I didn't have nothing listed in there but my Expressway-C is still working as before the upgrade.

What is the purpose of this menu, I couldn't find anything online.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you read the RNs for the specific version you're running?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

I've seached for expressway and expressway-c in the release notes of 12.0 and 12.5 and couldn't find what this menu is about.

Thanks

OK, if you're running 12.5 there is no point in reviewing the 12.0 RNs, and it IS in the release notes, but I'm pretty sure you're not running base 12.5 (which I assume is the only one you looked into), but SU1 or SU2, each one has their RNs with the changes each one introduced. This is why it's very important to look at the right documentation based on the exact release you're running.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I upgraded to 12.5 SU2, read those release note but just found my answer in 12.5 SU1 release notes.

SIP OAuth Enhanced Security for MRA

In this release, the SIP OAuth Mode feature is enhanced to include a mutually authenticated TLS connection to Expressway-C from Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration user interface. This configuration is required for devices in Mobile and Remote Access mode with SIP OAuth. For example, to enable Expressway registered B2B callers or endpoints to communicate with Unified CM registered endpoint.

For information on how to configure SIP OAuth Mode, see the "Configure SIP OAuth Mode" chapter of the Feature Configuration Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Release 12.5(1)SU1.
User Interface Updates

As a part of this feature, the Expressway-C configuration window has been added. You can access the feature from Unified CM Administration > Device > Expressway-C. This window contains the following fields that you must configure when deploying SIP OAuth Mode.

Host Name/IP Address

Description

X509 Subject Name/Subject Alternate Name

Thanks for pointing this out.