cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how does jabber know to look for jabber-config.xml file and where

california
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed jabber and connected to presence server and user profile without the need for jabber-config.xml file.

I know other installations do use in fact jabber-config file.

so how does jabber know that it should look for a jabber-config.xml or how can you apply this file to all your users?

other than editing the Cisco Support field.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Because Jabber is hardcoded to look for that file at the root of the TFTP, just as phones know they need to look for their SEPmac.cnf.xml file

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

gregmora801
Level 1
Level 1

I sort of have the same question in that, how does Jabber know to look for a new revised xml file? Once the tftp server is restarted, do I need to reset each jabber client? 

Greg,

i did a post on that a while a go   https://ciscoshizzle.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/how-to-obtain-jabber-configxml-file.html

I am not 100% sure you need to reset the Jabber settings to apply the new config.xml file.  but you can test, because the file itself is stored locally on the machine in 

C:\Users\%user-profile name%\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config

so log of and on and verify if its pulled the new file, if not close jabber entirely and check the directory again, 

Please rate if useful

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hendrik Schraa
Level 1
Level 1

As per Jaime's post; a hardcoded lookup for the jabber-config.xml file unless specified differently.

Alternatively, if you want to specify an alternative jabber-config.xml file, you could mass-apply this by creating a seperate common phone profile with the Cisco Support field setting specified and apply it to all the phones in question.