How to change advance phone settings of Cisco jabber for windows

yuexp0929
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco.jpgHello 

My CUCM version is 10.5.

edge is X8.7.3.  

Cisco Jabber is 12.01 

For some reason, I want to change the settings of TFPT server and CTI server in the advanced phone settings of Cisco Jabber for windows.   The fields can't be changed, because it is gray.

How to change the sittings? Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Specify Your TFTP Server Address

The client gets configuration files from a TFTP server. The first step in configuring the client is to specify your TFTP server address so the client can access your configuration file.

Attention:

If Cisco Jabber gets the _cisco-uds SRV record from a DNS query, it can automatically locate the user's home cluster. As a result, the client can also locate the Cisco Unified Communications Manager TFTP service.

You do not need to specify your TFTP server address if you deploy the _cisco-uds SRV record.

Specify Your TFTP Server on Cisco Unified Presence

If you are using Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 8.x, complete the steps to specify the address of your TFTP server on Cisco Unified Presence. If you are using Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 9.x, then you do not need to follow the steps below.

Procedure
Step 1   Open the Cisco Unified Presence Administration interface.
Step 2   Select Application > Cisco Jabber > Settings.
Note   

In some versions of Cisco Unified Presence, this path is as follows: Application > Cisco Unified Personal Communicator > Settings.

The Cisco Jabber Settings window opens.

Step 3   Locate the fields to specify TFTP servers in one of the following sections, depending on your version of Cisco Unified Presence:
  • Cisco Jabber Security Settings

• CUPC Global Settings

Step 4   Specify the IP address of your primary and backup TFTP servers in the following fields:
  • Primary TFTP Server

• Backup TFTP Server

• Backup TFTP Server

Note   

Ensure that you enter the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) or IP address for the TFTP servers rather than a host name.

Step 5   Select Save.

Specify Your TFTP Server on Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service

If you are using Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 9.x, then you do not need to follow the steps below.

Procedure
Step 1   Open the Cisco Unified CM IM and Presence Administration interface.
Step 2   Select Application > Legacy Clients > Settings.

The Legacy Client Settings window opens.

Step 3   Locate the Legacy Client Security Settings section.
Step 4   Specify the IP address of your primary and backup TFTP servers in the following fields:
  • Primary TFTP Server

• Backup TFTP Server

• Backup TFTP Server

Step 5   Select Save.

CTI.

create.PNG

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_5/DIG_OnPrem/cjab_b_on-premises-deployment-cisco-jabber_125/cjab_b_on-premises-deployment-cisco-jabber_125_chapter_01111.html

Response Signature

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Hi 

Thanks for your reply!

I want to change the settings of TFPT server and CTI server in the advanced phone settings of Cisco Jabber for windows for all users. 

You mean all user should be able  to change it manually ? 

Response Signature

Hi,

I want to change the settings on server.  and then The settings in client is updated automatically.  

I don't know how to change it?

Specify Your TFTP Server Address

The client gets configuration files from a TFTP server. The first step in configuring the client is to specify your TFTP server address so the client can access your configuration file.

Attention:

If Cisco Jabber gets the _cisco-uds SRV record from a DNS query, it can automatically locate the user's home cluster. As a result, the client can also locate the Cisco Unified Communications Manager TFTP service.

You do not need to specify your TFTP server address if you deploy the _cisco-uds SRV record.

Specify Your TFTP Server on Cisco Unified Presence

If you are using Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 8.x, complete the steps to specify the address of your TFTP server on Cisco Unified Presence. If you are using Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 9.x, then you do not need to follow the steps below.

Procedure
Step 1   Open the Cisco Unified Presence Administration interface.
Step 2   Select Application > Cisco Jabber > Settings.
Note   

In some versions of Cisco Unified Presence, this path is as follows: Application > Cisco Unified Personal Communicator > Settings.

The Cisco Jabber Settings window opens.

Step 3   Locate the fields to specify TFTP servers in one of the following sections, depending on your version of Cisco Unified Presence:
  • Cisco Jabber Security Settings

• CUPC Global Settings

• Primary TFTP Server

• Backup TFTP Server

• Backup TFTP Server

Note   

Ensure that you enter the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) or IP address for the TFTP servers rather than a host name.

Step 5   Select Save.

Specify Your TFTP Server on Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service

If you are using Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 9.x, then you do not need to follow the steps below.

Procedure
Step 1   Open the Cisco Unified CM IM and Presence Administration interface.
Step 2   Select Application > Legacy Clients > Settings.

The Legacy Client Settings window opens.

Step 3   Locate the Legacy Client Security Settings section.
  • Primary TFTP Server

• Backup TFTP Server

• Backup TFTP Server

Step 5   Select Save.

CTI.

create.PNG

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_5/DIG_OnPrem/cjab_b_on-premises-deployment-cisco-jabber_125/cjab_b_on-premises-deployment-cisco-jabber_125_chapter_01111.html

Response Signature

Hi 

Thanks! I have modified the setting of CTI.  

My CUCM is 10.5. and _cisco-uds SRV is in DNS.  I didn't find the settings of TFTP server in user's HOME Cluster.   Could you give me more information about it?  Thanks!

If Cisco Jabber gets the _cisco-uds SRV record from a DNS query, it can automatically locate the user's home cluster.

Making  the above changes, did you tried ?

Response Signature

Current TFTP of Cisco Jabber is IP address. I want to change to DNS Name.  I don't know where the settings is ?    I checked end user's home cluster and UC service. I didn't find the setting of TFTP.

Whats your requirement, are you trying to change existing  IP address  to new or changing the existing  IP address to a hostname ? 

Response Signature

Change the existing IP address to a host name.

Not sure if it shows Hostname. Need to test on lab. 

Response Signature

Thanks for your reply!